Rookie Phlebotomists’ Mentoring Programme
This is a two part programme with the option of ongoing support.
Part One – Shadowing
This is the morning session of the Bristol Blood Clinic. The rookies will be able shadow Mike with real clients, obverse and take a supporting role in the process. A centrifuge procedure will be included.
Part Two – Practice and Business Development Skills
Practice. This part of the workshop will be done after lunch and will consist of the rookies practising on volunteers under Mike’s supervision. You will be required to arrange a volunteer. I can help you with this, but it will be your responsibility. There may be other students in college that day to persuade.
Business Development. This will be a theoretical workshop that will include:
- Equipment requirements and supply options
- Insurance considerations
- Waste Management
- Policy writing; H&S, First Aid, Needle Stick, Bio-Hazard Spill
- How to apply for clients
- Advertising tips
- First Aid scenarios – including role play
- Ongoing support options
Clinics are held at CNM Bristol.
The next date is Tuesday the 16th of November 2021. December’s date will be the 13th.
Also, on or around 18th of January 2022.
- You must be qualified
- You must have adequate insurance
- You will need a volunteer to practice on – or a real client that you arrange
- You should have started to acquire your equipment – I have a few spares but please don’t depend on this
Part One £150.00
Parts One and Two £250.00
Miscellaneous If you have any questions, please get in touch.
Mike O'Donoghue (DipNAT, DipNUT) Supporting your health and fitness - naturally! email@example.com www.naturopath.clinic